Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A WEIRD DREAM


I seldom remember my dreams these days, so when I woke this morning with the vivid visual of a dream I had just been having, it was a peculiar experience. The dream itself was offbeat too – not anything that feels like me….. Any dream interpreters feel free to offer your opinions:

In the dream I’m sleeping, peacefully. I’m roused and on opening an eye see lots of little fury black spiders descending from nests on the ceiling by silk threads. A little way down the threads they drop. One lands in my bed. I’m not fearful of the spiders, but I am feeling uncomfortable so I get up and go into the kitchen that is spider free.

Jane is standing at the kitchen counter making tea, I appear next to her and a little bird (a sparrow) descends from the ceiling in a half flight and lands on the counter top, seemingly dazed. I reach for it at the same time Jane does. She swoops the bird up in her cupped hands before I do and releases it – I watch it fly away and remember feeling pleased that it was not injured.

I wake up….. ??

4 comments:

Tamarai said...

Most interesting. What does Mr Jung have to say?

A shade of Red said...

Jung interpreted the spider dream as a sign that the dreamer needs to incorporate her personality with the dream's personality to find self awareness and completeness - his symbolism came from the spiders web though? I have no idea what he would make of the Sparrow...

Zapruder said...

You could also reference The Cure's "Lullaby", where spiders are a metaphor for sexual frustration; and in Blue Velvet, the sparrow symbolises love :)

A shade of Red said...

I like those resources, different perspective - nice. Thanks.